Tore is the only certified Tableau instructor in Norway
This course covers more advanced Tableau Desktop skills required for Tableau users who wish to take their skills to a higher level so that they get the most out of their data. It starts with a review of four visualizations and moves to an in-depth look at data sources, calculations and table calculations, parameters, comparing measures against a goal, geocoding and advanced mapping, distributions, trends and forecasting, dashboards with filters, actions and parameters and dashboard design best practices. The course is provided with a data scenario and hands-on exercises covering all course content, and providing the opportunity to visually analyse data, build Interactive Dashboards and share them with others.
You’ll learn how to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.