This Informatica Powercenter developer Level 2 course extends the skills and knowledge of experienced Powercenter developers. Reviewing advanced topics with extended labs covering PowerCenter connection architecture, high availability, and session and workflow recovery.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the Informatica PowerCenter architecture
- Determine the structure and use of PowerCenter Parameter Files
- Implement user-defined and advanced functions
- Normalize and Denormalize data using PowerCenter
- Use the Lookup transformation in Dynamic mode
- Call a SQL stored procedure from a PowerCenter mapping
- Create and configure a SQL transformation and its two modes of use
- Design error handling strategies appropriate for the intended purpose of a workflow
- Make use of the PowerCenter source-based, target-based, and user-based transaction control
- Utilize constraint-based loading in databases with referential integrity constraints
- Use the Transaction Control transformation for data-driven RDBMS transaction control
- Determine the proper use of built-in and optional, mapping-design recovery capabilities
- Build batch files that use PMCMD and PMREP command line programs
- Apply PowerCenter Performance Tuning Methodology
- Describe the effect of mapping design on performance and apply these design principles to a mapping
- Calculate how much memory a session uses and tune session-level memory. Apply partitions, distribute the data and optimize the CPU memory usage
This is a public classroom instructor-led training with around 60% lecture and 40% hands on lab.
Data Integration developers who have taken the PowerCenter 10 Developer, Level 1
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts
- Knowledge of SQL
- Informatica PowerCenter v10 Developer, Level 1
It is highly recomended that you have worked with Powercenter at least 3-6 months before taking this class.
The course is taught in the local language, the course material is written in English.
The course price includes course material and catering (coffees, lunch) daily.
Affecto reserves the right to make changes to courses and schedules. Affecto may cancel a course if there are less than six (6) participants. Affecto is not responsible for any expenses related to course cancellation.
This course can also be arranged onsite at customer location.