After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe core administration tasks and tools
- Configure the Informatica Administrator tool
- Create and configure necessary services
- Plan and implement a backup strategy
- Manage Informatica security
- Audit security access and privileges
- Perform ongoing maintenance
- Stop or recycle a service
- Review domain logs
- Perform license management
1. PowerCenter 10 Architecture
- This module is intended to describe the Informatica PowerCenter 10 technical architecture, describe the Informatica domain, nodes, and an overview of the application services. The module also provides an overview of the PowerCenter clients
2. Best Practices
- Describes the use of best practices
3. Installing Informatica 10
- Describes installing Informatica 10 domain and clients
4. Using the Informatica Administrator tool
- Describes the Administrator tool layout
5. Configuring PowerCenter Application Services
- Describes adding, configuring and managing a PowerCenter Repository Service and repository. Describes adding, configuring and managing a PowerCenter Integration Service
6. Users and Groups
- Describes how to add users and groups to the Informatica Platform
7. Privileges and Roles
- Describes how to create a custom role and assign privileges and roles to users and groups
- Describes how to use Informatica permissions
The course is taught in local language, the course material is written in English. Course includes plenty of hands-on exercises.
Course price includes course material and catering (coffees, lunch) daily.
CGI reserves the right to make changes to courses and schedules. CGI may cancel a course if there are less than six (6) participants. CGI is not responsible for any expenses related to course cancellation.
This course can also be arranged onsite at customer location.