Will be scheduled on request!
Course Objectives:After completing this course, you should be able to:
Configure Metadata Manager security
- Create users who can login to Metadata Manager
- Control what privileges each user has
- Control which parts of the metadata catalog each user can access
- Explain the different privileges & permissions available in Metadata Manager
Browse the metadata catalog
- Search for objects in the metadata catalog
- Save searches for future use
- Create shortcuts for faster access to frequently queried metadata objects
- Share shortcuts & saved searched with other users
- Examine the properties of metadata objects
- Examine the relationships among metadata objects
- Annotate metadata objects
Run lineage reports
- Drill down on objects in lineage reports
- Zoom & pan a lineage report
- Highlight specific objects & paths in a lineage report
- Generate a new lineage report focused on an object in an existing lineage report
- Run where-used reports
Customize your metadata
- Extend an existing metamodel
- Create a new metamodel
- Populate a custom metamodel or metamodel extension with metadata
Load metadata from different types of sources
- Schedule metadata loads
- Monitor metadata loads
- Load data profiles
- Display data profile reports
- Resolve database connections for lineage
Understand and utilize the Business Glossary
- A common tool for defining and maintaining business and technical terms.
- A cooperative tool where the Business Owner, Data Steward, Analyst and Developer can share and maintain terms.
- Connect the business terms with the actual implementation and see its use throughout the value chain from source system through integration to final report.
- How to connect Metadata Manager to reference tables and how to maintain these with the Reference Table Manager.